July 16, 2019 – The Los Angeles Superior Court’s Mental Health Division has transitioned to a new case management system to provide improved service to litigants and justice partners and enhance the Court’s ability to maintain complete and easily accessible records. Use of the new system began Monday, July 15.
In addition to the new case management system, the Court will introduce a new Justice Partner Portal and a new Mental Health Hospital Portal for remote access to mental health case information.
In preparation for a future transition to electronic files, staff began imaging mental health documents filed as of July 15. Agencies will be able to access the document images as well as minute orders and calendars through the Justice Partner Portal.
The Court said it will “continue to create and utilize paper files for mental health cases.”
Mental Health Appointments
Proposed orders are to be submitted as “drop-off” documents to the Mental Health Clerk’s Office. If applicable, the probate referee will be randomly
selected and the proposed order will be forwarded to the bench officer for final review and determination.
Proposed Order Forms
One of the following proposed order forms must be used:
- A proposed order drafted on pleading paper
- JCC Form DE-140 – Order for Probate
- JCC Form GC-240 – Order Appointing Guardian or Extending Guardianship of the Person
- JCC Form GC-340 – Order Appointing Probate Conservator
- LASC MH 047 (New Form) – Application and Order Appointing Probate Referee Lanterman-Petris-Short Act Conservatorship (for use in mental health cases only)
- LASC XLIT 008 (New Form) – Application and Order Appointing Successor Probate Referee (for use in probate and mental health cases)
BE ADVISED: PRO 001 – The Application and Order Appointing Probate Referee is now obsolete and should not be used.