Amid ongoing concerns about the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), the San Fernando Valley Bar Association considers the health and welfare of our members and employees a top priority.
We are here to serve you, and we want to share information with you about how we will continue to operate safely and effectively.
Steps We Are Taking:
- Please be assured that the SFVBA team is closely monitoring the evolving public health concerns connected with the Novel Coronavirus and following the protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and the California Department of Public Health.
- As a precautionary step, we are providing hand sanitizer in our offices for both employees and members, and we are enhancing the cleaning and sanitation at our offices.
- We would like to continue to offer essential seminars and events, while, at the same time, alleviating any possible risk factors. We will provide programming updates as necessary via the SFVBA website, our social media channels, and email.
- Should a seminar or other SFVBA event be postponed, all registrants will be notified and informed of the new program date as soon as that date is determined. Attendees will have the option of attending the event on the new date, or requesting a full refund.
Steps You Can Take:
- Stay up to date. For more information on COVID-19, visit the CDC website.
- If you are feeling ill–particularly if you are running a fever–please refrain from attending any SFVBA seminar or event.
- Members and others who know they have been exposed to the virus should not attend any Bar meeting until they have had a self-imposed quarantine of at least 14-days duration.
- Those attending any SFVBA program or meeting should avoid handshakes or other direct physical contact with fellow attendees.
Our thoughts are with anyone affected by the coronavirus. Please be assured that we are taking all possible precautionary measures to further reduce health risks at all SFVBA events.
We welcome your inquiries regarding any concerns you might have. You can contact Linda Temkin, Director of Education and Events at (818) 227-0495, or by email at email@example.com; or Rosie Soto Cohen, SFVBA Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 227-0497.